Hot hair wrap; what are the benefits? Learn how to properly make a hot hair wrap, all the subtleties of this procedure, and its benefits. For body care, such a procedure as a hot wrap is widely used today. But few people know that it is also very beneficial for hair. Thanks to the regular use of hot wraps, the hair becomes smooth and shiny, and the damaged structure is effectively restored from the inside. Such procedures can be performed in beauty salons and independently at home.
The benefits of a hot hair wrap
One of the main benefits of a hot hair wrap is that it is ideal for all hair types. If the procedure is carried out with oils, then there is a positive effect not only on the condition of the curls but also on the scalp.
A hot hair wrap can be an invaluable cosmetic treatment that has the following effects:
- Blood microcirculation and metabolic processes in the treated area are normalized, due to which the blood supply to the hair follicles is significantly improved;
- The scalp is saturated with valuable nutrients and oxygen;
- A protective and natural sheath (elastic film) is formed along the entire length of the hair, which contributes to the restoration of curls along the whole length.
Thanks to the regular use of this cosmetic procedure, the hair becomes more robust, substantial, manageable, soft, and smooth.
Who can use heated hair wraps?
Hot masks are recommended for various types of hair structure disorders and are effective in the following cases:
- If the hair is dull, porous, or has lost its volume and strength;
- For the care of electrifying hair, as well as tangled curls that are difficult to comb;
- When the problem of split ends appears;
- If the strands have become very brittle and brittle;
- For the care of damaged and dry hair as a result of too frequent staining with aggressive products;
- If there is a tendency for hair loss and a slowdown in their growth;
- Care for dehydrated and tired curls after regular use of hair dryers and hot styling products.
It is important to remember that when a problem of hair loss occurs, the cause that provoked this phenomenon must be first established, after which it must be eliminated. Otherwise, even daily hot wraps will have a negative effect.
How does hot wrap work?
Suppose a warm hair wrap is carried out independently at home. In that case, masks based on natural oils are necessarily used, as well as adding other nutrients.
First, the composition is heated in a water bath, after which it is applied to the scalp and evenly distributed over the entire length of the hair. Then the head must be wrapped in a layer of cling film and insulated with a terry towel. A hairdryer can be used to maintain the thermal effect.
The composition is left on the hair for at least 20 minutes and must be constantly kept warm. By using a hot wrap, it is possible to achieve not only maximum benefits but also a long-lasting effect.
All the nutrients that make up the mask actively penetrate each hair, nourishing and smoothing the scales and restoring the damaged structure.
Cosmetologists assure that warm hair masks are much more helpful in comparison with a simple wrap since, in this case, the active substances will be 40% more effective.
Suppose the strands are badly wounded, and their structure is damaged, then for a cumulative effect. In that case, it is recommended to use a hot wrap as often as possible. The entire course consists of 6-8 procedures (depending on the severity of the problem). At the same time, an interval of several weeks should be observed. To maintain the effect obtained, it is necessary to carry out a hot wrap several times a month. Thanks to thermal procedures and a haircut with hot scissors, there is a unique opportunity to restore the structure of damaged hair fully.
Contraindications of the hot wrap
Of course, a warm hair wrap has many positive qualities. It can become an indispensable tool for maintaining the beauty and health of curls. But, like any other cosmetic procedure, it has specific contraindications.
- Feel bad;
- The presence of infectious diseases;
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- In the presence of a variety of skin diseases (for example, seborrhea, psoriasis, eczema), damage and inflammation of the scalp;
- If there are swollen lymph nodes in the treated area or they are located in the immediate vicinity;
- In the presence of diseases of the cardiovascular and endocrine systems;
- If hypertension has been diagnosed, then during the procedure, an unpleasant feeling of nausea, dizziness, and headache may disturb;
- It should not be carried out in case of a tendency to allergies, as well as in the case of individual intolerance to the components used during the procedure.
It is strictly forbidden to do a hot hair wrap during pregnancy; it is better to wait until delivery.
How do you do the hot hair wrap?
In beauty salons, the hot wrapping procedure for hair is quite popular, as it helps improve the curls’ external condition and restore their structure from the inside.
During a hot hair wrap session, the following is done:
- Wash with the application of a mixture of special effects on damp hair.
- Then the hair should be wrapped with plastic wrap and a preheated terry towel.
- After a specific time, with a light massage, you will need to wash off the remnants of the mixture.
- The beautician applies a special serum to the hair, which helps to consolidate the result.
- Hair conditioner can be used as needed.
Silk hair wrap
By performing a hot hair wrap with natural silk, you can quickly turn loose, dull curls into a perfectly smooth-flowing royal cascade.
The product composition used during the procedure contains unique components with a strong moisturizing effect. The main feature of these products is that they can retain moisture seven times longer than other cosmetic products.
Today in beauty salons, complex procedures of lamination and hot hair wrapping with silk are widely used. A pronounced therapeutic effect is exerted on weakened strands, significantly improving their condition.
Such a procedure can be done independently at home using particular products that are easy to buy in almost any specialized store. Typically, the formula should include a silk protein shampoo, massage serum, hot wrap, support mask, and end conditioner.
Oil wraps for hair
Oil-based hot wraps can be used to treat a variety of hair types. The most important thing is to choose the right oil, considering the existing problem. The effect will be strictly individual and will directly depend on the structure and type of hair and, of course, on the composition of the mixture.
An easy-to-use and versatile oil is olive oil. You can also use the following oils for hot hair wraps:
- Burr oil restores elasticity to the hair and makes it more manageable;
- Castor has a slight drying effect. Therefore it is recommended for the care of hair with a tendency to greasy content;
- Sesame oil is helpful in thinning and weakening hair, with a tendency to fall;
- Coconut oil soothes flaky and irritated skin, eliminates dandruff, makes hair becomes soft and elastic, and shine returns;
- Invaluable avocado oil for unruly and curly hair softens and moisturizes the strands;
Jojoba oil is Recommended for the care of oily hair while softening and nourishing the hair.
How to make a warm hair wrap at home?
First, you must prepare several towels, a container in which the mixture will be heated for wrapping on a steam bath, foil, or plastic wrap. It is not necessary to wash your hair before the procedure.
The hot wrapping procedure is carried out according to the following scheme:
- The oil mixture is heated in a steam bath. Herbal medicines can also be used if desired. In this case, the dried collection is preliminarily diluted with water and heated in a water bath, after which the oil mixture is introduced. The composition is heated for another 30 minutes.
- Suppose small herbal particles remain in the wrapping mixture. The design should be filtered through a fine sieve or gauze folded in several layers. Thanks to this, the remaining mixture will be much easier to wash out of the hair after completing the procedure.
- After the oil mixture has cooled to room temperature, the egg yolk (1-2 pieces) is introduced.
- The finished composition is applied to the scalp with a sponge or a special brush. It is evenly distributed over the entire hair length while allowing the strands to absorb the composition properly.
- Then the hair is wrapped in a layer of cling film or foil and heated with a hairdryer. However, it is essential to remember that the air stream should be warm, not hot. Then the hair is wrapped in a towel, which also needs to be heated with an iron.
- Over time, the mask will gradually cool down, so it will need to be periodically heated with a hairdryer. But you can use another method – the towel is removed and ironed again with an iron.
- The duration of the mask is about 30 to 40 minutes.
- After the specified time, the strands must be thoroughly washed with plenty of warm water.
- To consolidate the result, it is recommended to rinse the curls with acidified water and add homemade apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. Still, you can also use a decoction of herbs.
A hot hair wrap helps restore weakened and damaged curls. After completing the entire course, you can apply these procedures for the prevention and maintenance of the health of the strands.