Chinese winter melon soup is one of my favorite soups. I’ve eaten soups from literally dozens of countries, but this is still one of the best. This famous soup contains a mild sweet taste of melon white and is often served in Chinese homes and Chinese holidays.
If winter melon is not available, you can use the whole cucumber instead, but the taste will be very different. If you use cucumber, make sure you peel it, remove the seeds from the seeds and tares.
Winter melon usually has a light, refreshing sweetness. The texture is quite soft once cooked, and Chinese people believe winter melon is yin food that can help our body prevent summer heat and moisture. It will also help the production of urine and increase kidney health.
Other health benefits of winter melon are
> Stop the skin and enhance the beauty of man
> There is a high food pressure that can improve blood sugar and lower cholesterol and lipid levels.
> It is high in vitamins B1 and B2.
> It is high in potassium salt.
There are many different methods for preparing winter melon soup. This article contains two top-rated winter melon soup recipes. The first recipe is for “Winter melon and spareribs soup.” This recipe is one of the most common ways to prepare winter melon soup in China and Taiwan. I must have drunk this soup at least a thousand times when growing up, but I still enjoy it.
Another winter melon soup recipe is from our former Chinese food expert, and it is a delicious winter melon soup with shiitake mushrooms and ham. I hope you use both recipes.
What you need
Recipe 1 Winter Melon and Spareribs Soup Ingredients:
- 11 ¼ aur / 320 grams of pork, cut into short lengths
- 4 balls / 32 fl. oz./1 liter of water
- 1 tablespoon
- Rice wine
- 3 slices of ginger
- 10 ounces / 280 grams of winter melon, peeled, remove seeds and cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes.
- Salt to taste
- Off-white pepper, to taste
Recipe 2 Winter Melon with Shiitake Mushroom and Ham Soup Ingredients:
- 1 cup winter melon (1/2 pound)
- 1 pot of water to boil winter melon
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 Chinese dried
- 2 to 3 slices of ginger
- ¼ cup cooked ham, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green onion, only green object, washed and cut at an angle to 1 inch piece.
How to do it
Recipe 1 Methods:
- Rinse a pot of water and mix the cracks briefly to remove dirt. Rinse and rinse with cold water.
- Put the grated, water, rice wine, and ginger in a sock shop.
- Chill; bring to a boil over low heat for 1 hour.
- Add winter melons and cook for approx. 30 minutes until the meat on the ribs is tender and tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Right out. Decorate as you like and serve.
Wash the winter melon; remove the green skin, seeds, and pulp. Cut into 2 inch pieces.
Mix the dried Shiitake mushrooms by soaking them in cold water for 20 minutes until softened. Squeeze out excess water.
Put the winter melon in a pot of water, bring to a boil, and steam for approx. 20 minutes or until the winter melon is tender.
Add chicken broth, mushrooms, ginger, and boiled ham.
Add spices as needed. Rinse for about 20 minutes. Add green onions for garnish. Serve hot.
Buy whole winter melon (about 8-10 pounds), cut off, remove seeds and pulp, put the ingredients inside, and steam for 1-2 hours. It allows for a fresher-looking dish.