Fur: How to clean different types of hair at home? How do you maintain shine and remove yellowness and stains? Features of cleaning, washing, and storage. Coating. Fur has long ceased to be a luxury product. Fur products are in every woman’s closet. But to have a presentable appearance, it is essential to know the rules for use, storage, and cleaning at home. Then the fur will be happy for a long time. Despite the complexities, surprise cleaning seems to be an easy procedure if you have some knowledge.
Common types of fur
The most valuable raw material is the skin of fur-bearing and marine animals. These are arctic fox, fox, marten, rabbit, mink, seal, muskrat, and you can even use cat skin. The general value of the coat is determined by: hairline, gloss and softness, pattern and color, hair coagulation, and skin thickness. Different styles are sewn from fur products: fur coats, coats, capes, capes, hats, vests, gloves, and projections.
The service life of fur products
Fur clothing is quite durable. For example, a rabbit’s fur wears out the fastest (4 years), a fox’s fur will last for 7 years, a mink can please a woman’s eye for up to 12 years, but the most resistant dwarf and otter fur (20 years).
Signs of dirty skin
Before cleaning the fur, you should decide if it needs it. Over time, signs of wear and tear become apparent: rough leather texture, stains, yellowing, tears, and cracks. In these places, severe baldness often develops. Indications for depilation are dust contamination, plaque, loss of color uniformity, and debris between the hairs. As a result, the skin loses its natural shine and silkiness.
You can determine general contamination and find the most worn areas with a hair dryer. To do this, direct the cold air flow from the hair dryer to the product. The skin is clean if the boar flies freely and falls back quickly. Otherwise, it needs to be cleaned.
What should not be done with fur?
Before cleaning, remember that under no circumstances should you repair leather goods.
- Wash. The skin on which the coat is held becomes wet, rough, and cracked. The product will be bald and misshapen.
- Dry with a hair dryer, in direct sunlight, and on a battery. It can be done outside and in a well-ventilated place.
- Iron, and even from the inside out.
- Clean with household chemicals: bleach, rust remover, and enzyme cleaners.
How to store leather goods correctly?
Should carefully pack cleaned items for storage over the summer. It depends on how long it will last in the future and what it will look like next winter.
- First, dry the coat in the shade in the fresh air. When it dries, gently tap it out.
- Wrap the product in a tight paper bag. If the cover is polyethylene, then an air current must constantly flow.
- Hang a fur coat, coat, or vest on a convenient, unique frame hanger in a melted state. Place hats, gloves, etc., on a shelf or cardboard box.
- Stuff the sleeves with cloth or paper to keep the fur in shape.
- The place with fur products should be away from ovens, heaters, and direct sunlight. The room should have a low temperature and moderate humidity.
- The fur should “breathe” and not lie close to other clothing.
- For a white product, select a blue box. It will protect it from yellowing. The blue material will retain the brightness of fair skin for a long time.
- Fur can absorb odors, so don’t smoke or use burning essential oils near it.
- Protect your fur from moths. Use tobacco leaves, citrus peels, geranium leaves, or store-bought moth repellant.
How to clean natural fur?
How to clean arctic fox products at home?
- Make a solution of 0.5 liters of warm water, 1 tsp. Ammonia and 1 tsp. Detergent. Soak a sponge in it and apply it to the pile. Spread the mixture evenly over the entire surface with your palms. Wipe off with a sponge soaked in water and wrung out with a dry cloth. Dry your fur naturally in a ventilated place.
- Spread dry cabbage or potato starch evenly over the skin, and don’t rub too much with your palms. Shake the product and use a low-power vacuum cleaner to remove residue.
- Prepare a weak solution of one of the products (gasoline, hair or pet shampoo, silk, or wool cleaner). In it, wet a rag and comb the coat or treat the surface with a spray. Finish cleaning with a dry paper towel.
How to clean a silver fox product at home?
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon in 200 ml of water. l. 3% hydrogen peroxide solution. For a more significant effect, add a few drops of ammonia. Dip a sponge in this mixture and work the product so as not to wet the meat. Then dry, shake, and comb.
- Rub the fur towards the pile with chalk or tooth powder, shake and comb.
- Sprinkle the starch over the golden skin and spray the delicate soap solution on top. Remove any remaining cleaner with a brush and dry the fur.
How to clean a mink coat at home?
- Pour some talcum powder or flour on the mink. Rub and shake the coat by hand, or remove any remaining loose material with a vacuum cleaner. It is recommended to give talcum powder preferably because moths do not like it.
- Make an equal ratio of water, vinegar, and rubbing alcohol. Soak a sponge or brush in this mixture and clean the leather. Then dry the mink with a cloth.
- Pure gasoline or a combination of 3 tbsp. l. salt, 1 tbsp. l. ammonia and 0.5 ml of water, treat the oiled area with a damp cloth.
How to clean rabbit products at home?
- On 1 pc. Take 1 tsp. Of water. Hydrogen peroxide and 1-3 drops of ammonia. Spray the solution on the fur and dry in the bright sun for no more than 1 day.
- Apply starch to the product and rub it in with your hands. Shake off any loose material from the skin.
- Sprinkle the white rabbit with hot glue and gently mix with the palms of your hands.
How to clean a mouton coat at home?
- Hang the item on the hanger and clean it with a solution of soapy water. Then rinse off the rest of the foam and dry.
- Treat the nap with semolina or starch. Then shake the coat and remove any remaining food.
How to restore skin on skin?
- If the item has lost its luster due to dust, wrap it in damp paper and gently tap it.
- Vinegar will restore shine. Soak a towel in it and comb the cut parts lightly.
- Wipe the dark pile with walnut powder-wrapped gauze folded several times.
- At a distance of 70 cm, slowly spray a special spray paint on the coat and immediately comb this area to remove excess dye and separate the stuck fluff.
- Using a spray bottle, apply lemon juice and a weak acetic acid or glycerin solution to the nape and dry thoroughly with a paper towel.
- Mix 1 liter of boiling water, 100 g of fish oil, and 10 g of laundry soap with ammonia. Cool the solution, apply it to a sponge, and process the skin.
How do we remove stains from the fur?
- Stains can be removed from leather with a solution of ammonia and denatured alcohol in equal proportions. Blot the fur with the mixture, dry with a clean towel, and shake out some fresh air.
- Remove benzine and starch stains on light skins. Mix potato or cornstarch with refined benzine. Apply the debris-like substance to the dirty area and rub gently with a sponge. Then clean the mixture from the leather and hang the garment in fresh air to eliminate the smell of petrol.
How to get rid of the yellowness of natural fur?
- Soak a cotton swab in hydrogen peroxide and keep it throughout the nap. Then clean the coat with a damp sponge.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon in 200 ml of warm water. Table salt and 0.5 tbsp. Ammonia. Apply the solution with a soft cloth, dry, and comb through.
- Mix 200 ml of warm water and 1 tbsp. Shampoo for pets. Whip the foam and apply the solution to the nape with a sponge for 5 minutes. Then remove the foam with a clean, damp cloth, dry, and comb.
How to take care of your flesh?
If the leather base of the fur product is rough, then wipe the product from the wrong side with a mixture: 1 liter of water, 1 tbsp. l. glycerin or petroleum jelly and one egg yolk. Remember the skin a little and stretch, then remove the remnants of the mixture and let the part dry inside and out.
Tips for cleaning fur at home
- Dry products with a short or neat pile against or against the wool. Use products on long fur according to its growth.
- When using any product, test it on a small, inconspicuous area of the product first, for example, under the armpits.
- Some people dye their fur clothes with regular hair dyes in the appropriate color. However, this is risky, as you do not know how the paint will behave on the product.
Following these tips and tricks, you can keep your fur in excellent condition well into winter. Thanks to careful care, the outfit will last for many years and will decorate and warm in severe frosts. And at the end of the article.