Blanket and pillow; how can I correct them? What kind of blanket and pillow to choose for a child? Popular and high-quality bed filler. Sizes of baby pillows and blankets. Video tips for choosing. Choosing to bed for a child is a responsible business. These things provide the baby with whole, healthy sleep, optimal temperature, and the body’s physiological state. Therefore, the cubs must choose the right blanket and pillow to ensure a sound and comfortable sleep.
Which blanket and pillow to choose for a child – material properties
Choose the right blanket and pillow to ensure your baby gets a restful and healthy sleep. It should be soft, cozy, light, warm, and breathable. Today offer for sale a large selection of bed linen with different materials. They all have advantages and disadvantages. Let’s dwell on the most popular ones.
Wool products are made from camel and sheep wool. They are warm, light, and absorb moisture well. In addition, the substance has a healing effect because it contains animal fat. At the same time, it has disadvantages – it can cause allergies. Care for the products is simple: 2 times a year, it is necessary to ventilate. Washing is rarely done, but if it is, it is done by hand with products containing lanolin (animal wax), which restores strength and silkiness to the wool. The water temperature should be 30 degrees; do not use the spinner in the “sensitive” mode. Dry in a flattened form, without sunlight; otherwise, it will be deformed.
- A sheep wool blanket is soft, airy, and breathable without releasing heat. It cools in the hot season and warms in cold weather. It is recommended for those with a weak immune system, muscle pain, and back pain. However, such a product is not suitable for children with allergies.
- Camel blanket is lighter than sheep and has excellent thermal insulation properties: keep warm and cool. Camel wool contains the most lanolin (animal wax), which is absorbed into the skin and makes it soft and firm. It is electricity-free, absorbs toxins, and resists pollution by repelling dust.
Cotton bed sheets are filled with combed and completely stripped cotton threads or other natural material. It undergoes additional processing: the fibers are purified from the finest husks and are parallel. The material is durable; it can be washed in a washing machine on a delicate setting, 30-40 degrees, without air conditioning. Spin out on low speed and dry in the correct shape.
Bamboo fiber is an ecological foundation. Blankets and pillows filled with them contain the natural antibacterial substance “Bambu ban,” which inhibits the growth of bacteria and the proliferation of pathogenic microorganisms. Bamboo fiber is light, durable, wear-resistant, and strong. It does not cause irritation and allergies and has ventilation and high moisture absorption. It is comfortable under it in cold winters and hot summers. The items can withstand many things of washing in an automatic machine in “delicate” mode without spinning. Drying is carried out horizontally so that the glass is water.
Blankets and pillows made of natural silk provide high-quality air circulation; they do not attract ticks, moths, and harmful insects. They can easily be washed in the washing machine (“delicate washing mode”) and keep their appearance. The products are completely hypoallergenic and suitable for the most sensitive child. The only negative is the price, as silk is a costly material.
Cotton pillows and blankets are the heaviest and cheapest, yet they are hypoallergenic and not hygienic. The bed is good as long as it is new and quickly gets into crumbs. Not washable.
Products with down and feathers are soft, warm, breathable, and moisture-wicking. But they can have various feather eaters, chewing lice, ticks, and other microbes. They will not harm the baby, but their toxic products can cause allergies.
The material is healthy and does not absorb odors. Products are affordable, easy to wash, and keep their shape for a long time. But this material will quickly become confused, so you need to choose products that are carpeted with frequent stitches.
Polyester fibers (holo fiber and silicone) have heat protection, ventilation, and hypoallergenic properties. The bed does not absorb foreign odors, is well washed, and dries quickly. This synthetic cushion immediately recovers its original shape after crushing.
Such models are suitable for apartments with hot and dry air. But products with polyester cannot be called the best for children. They do not allow air to pass through well and do not heat up very much.
The bed sheets are soft, light, breathable, and pleasant to the touch. Models are durable. They are easy to clean. The best days during these times are off-season.
The terry bedspread is breathable, soft, and light. It is a good option for warm nights. The product is easy to clean and can be washed in a machine.
How to choose a blanket and pillow for your baby – the best sizes
For the first 2 years, children sleep without a pillow, except on the individual advice of doctors. But then only special orthopedic pillows are used. For children older than 2 years, rectangular pillows 50×70 cm are suitable. If the child sleeps quietly, square pillows 40×40 cm or 50×50 cm are suitable.
Blankets for newborns are not the most economical purchase, but there are still “light versions” of 90×90 cm for them. Standard blankets are produced in 140×110 cm and 135×100 cm for older children. Since babies turn in their sleep, they should take blankets with a margin. In addition, they increase, so it is better to buy blankets for growth.
What to look for when buying baby blankets?
When choosing a blanket for your child, you should pay attention to the following requirements:
- Warm. The child should not freeze. A blanket warms best, then wool, cashmere, and microfiber.
- Breathable and ventilated fibers. The baby should not sweat, so the veil should not be steamy and stuffy. Down duvets and woolen duvets are the most breathable. Silk carpets have good air circulation: they maintain a balance of humidity and temperature. Air circulation is complex in synthetic carpets. Manufacturers roll synthetic fillers into small balls with air passing between them.
- Allergenic. The rug should be hypoallergenic. These include synthetic fillings, bamboo, and silk blankets. Down and wool can cause allergies and create conditions for the ants to reproduce. Such items should be regularly ventilated and dried.
- Lightweight with minimal weight. Weight is significant for a newborn. The heaviest is wadded, woolen blankets, and the lightest is down and synthetic.
- Easy maintenance. Cotton and synthetic rugs are the easiest to care for as they can be machine washed. Carpets made of wool, down, and silk need regular airing and dry cleaning.
What to look for when buying a baby pillow?
Pillows for children should be orthopedic: elastic, flat, and follow the shape of the head, neck, and shoulders. The most popular pillows are latex, polyurethane foam, and viscoelastic material. They change shape and acquire the contours of the baby’s head and neck from body heat. They quickly return to their original state, do not wrinkle, and do not require whipping.