Fried shrimp in soy sauce, how to cook in a pan at home? Features, technology, and secrets of the court. Step-by-step recipe.
Of course, frying shrimp is not the healthiest way to cook it. However, this is such a delicious dish that it is impossible to resist. Especially if you fry shrimp with spices and serve it with strong sauces. Today I suggest frying shrimp with soy sauce in a pan. Soy sauce gives this seafood dish an unusual taste. When cooking, it surrounds each shrimp, which makes the dish incredibly tasty and gives it a beautiful caramel color. This delicious Chinese dish is quick and easy to prepare at home. 10 minutes and a versatile dish is already on the table. The shrimp turns out to be very tasty and satisfying.
This recipe allows for the use of boiled frozen shrimp. But you can use raw if you want. In this case, the cooking time will only increase. The variety and size of the shrimp are also not necessary. I own the classic, and you take the king, the tiger, and so on. Due to their size, the cooking time can also vary. Can serve such fried shrimp in soy sauce for both family dinners and festive dinners. They go well with a glass of cold beer and semi-dry wine. Shrimp are delicious on their own with no added ingredients, and true gourmets advise you to enjoy them as a special snack.
- Caloric content per 100 g – 82 kcal.
- Dosage – 2
- Cooking time – 15 minutes
- Boiled frozen shrimp in the shell – 400 g
- Purified vegetable oil – 2-3 tbsp. for frying
- Soy sauce – 2-3 tablespoons
How to prepare fried shrimp in soy sauce step by step
- Take a pan with a thick bottom. Cast iron is ideal. Pour vegetable oil into it and heat well. You can use butter to make the shellfish taste better. Add dried rosemary, finely chopped garlic, hot peppercorns, and ginger to the pan to taste if desired. The oil will be impregnated with aroma, and the shrimp will be impregnated with this aroma and taste.
- Shrimp, directly frozen, sent to a preheated pan.
- They do not need to be thawed before because they will melt directly in the hot pan. If you want to thaw shrimp, do it right. Put them on a plate and place them on the bottom shelf of the fridge. Wait for the ice to melt. To thaw faster, soak the bag in water at room temperature.
- Some people fry shrimp in breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, junk, coconut flakes, or starch. In my opinion, all this is unnecessary, and the taste of the shrimp itself is lost.
- I cook shrimp in a shell, but you can remove it. It is usually done when seafood is prepared in dishes like salads. Then it would help if you thawed the shrimp a little first. Then unscrew the head, tear off the legs, remove the shell, remove the tail, and pull it towards you. If you see an esophageal shrimp (dark line along the back), pull it out.
- You can buy shrimp by weight or pack it in a package. Please pay attention to appearance and shelf life. If there are black spots on the shell, the product is obsolete and straight tails indicate that the shrimp has been frozen dead.
- Fry the seafood over a little over medium heat, occasionally stirring until the shell darkens. If you cook tiny shrimp, oversee them because they can burn and because of the soy sauce, you will not taste the shrimp as they are fried. Therefore, it is better not to use tiny individuals in the recipe. If you cook raw shrimp, fry them until they are red and curly.
- Add soy sauce to the pan when the prawns are golden brown on both sides.
- Stir, cover the pan with a lid, simmer and wait for 2 minutes. The seafood will be slightly boiled, saturated with aroma and taste. Then remove the lid, increase the heat to medium and fry for another two minutes so that the soy sauce evaporates a little. The meat will be chewy and rubbery if the shrimp is too exposed to fire. Therefore, cooking them for more than 5-6 minutes is not recommended to get the most delicate and tasty dish. Remove boiled shrimp from the heat and place it on a paper towel to absorb excess fat. Transfer the fried shrimp in soy sauce to a plate. Serve with sesame seeds and lemon juice or lime. Garnish with freshly chopped herbs or lemon or lime slices, if desired. You can also sprinkle the shrimp with spices.