Chocolate cake; how to make it at home? A detailed recipe for making a chocolate cake in chocolate glaze, decorated with colored mastic. Ingredients and careful cooking process with tips.
The best birthday present for your child is to bake a delicious and beautiful chocolate cake. Not every adult will refuse such a delicacy because homemade cake contains only natural ingredients, without various food additives and dyes. Yes, this sweet creation will require standing and tinkering in the kitchen, but it will be worth it.
- Calorie content per 100 g – 285 kcal.
- Servings – 1 cake
- Cooking time – 2 hours
- Eggs in the second grade – 2 pcs.
- Sugar – 575 g
- Walnuts – 45 g
- Cocoa powder – 3, 2 tablespoons
- Milk – 850 g
- Wheat – 370 g, 2, 4 tablespoons
- Cognac – 30 g (to soak the cake)
- Sugar vanillin – 10-13 g
- Butter – 250 g
- Cocoa powder – 100 g, 3, 3 tablespoons
- Water – 219 g
- Powdered sugar – 220 g
- Gelatin – 3.9 g
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Food coloring
Step-by-step recipe for making chocolate cake
- Grind the eggs with sugar and beat until smooth. Gradually add milk and vinegar to the soaking soda at room temperature.
- Sift the flour, mix it with cocoa and chopped walnuts, then beat it with the rest of the mixture. The finished dough should resemble thick sour cream in consistency. If it turns out to be a bit thin, add more flour. Sound mixing is indicated by large bubbles appearing after the mixer is stopped.
- To bake the cake, you need a large form, about 28-32 cm in diameter, to grease it with butter or vegetable oil, pour out the dough, and put it in a preheated oven. The cake is baked for 40-55 minutes; check if it is ready with a toothpick.
Cooking chocolate cream:
- Let the milk boil; pour in flour diluted with water and sugar-vanillin.
- We boil for a few minutes until the mass thickens, removing the heat.
- Grind the butter at room temperature with sugar and cocoa powder, add the resulting mass to the cooled milk and mix well. The cream is ready.
Preparation of chocolate glaze:
- We put a pot with milk and sugar on the fire.
- Dilute cocoa powder in water and add it when the milk mass heats up. Our mixture should boil down to 2/3 of its original volume. Cool the glaze slightly and mix with butter.
Cooking mastic for chocolate cake:
- Soak gelatin for 18 minutes. In cold water, dissolve it in a water bath, add lemon juice, and pour it into icing sugar.
- We knead so that the mast rests behind the hands. After riveting, you can pain it with food coloring like mine.
To assemble the cake:
- Cut the cooled cake in half, saturate the center with cognac, and spread generously with cream.
- Spread the top and sides of the cake with warm chocolate cream.
- After the glaze hardens, you can start decorating with mastic. That’s it; Winter Nights chocolate cake is ready!
- To make the dough thicker and softer, beat the egg mass well (until the sugar is completely dissolved). You can win a fresh egg in advance with a pinch of salt and only add sugar in portions.
- To prevent the base from burning, fill a small pot with water and place it in the oven under the pastry case. You can also put parchment paper in a baking dish for a chocolate cake base and grease it with vegetable oil.
- If the cake is uneven, you can cut it off and mix the rest with the cream and smooth the edges.
- When preparing chocolate glaze, you must stir often. Otherwise, it may burn.
- If the mast starts to dry, add a few drops of lemon juice or plain water and then knead well.