Eggplant for the winter is an original and strong spice blend. Their canning will be appropriate at the end of the summer when there is a lot of fruit on sale. Such blanks are tasty and healthy; moreover, this process is not at all complicated.
Canned canning is a popular method of preparing food for the winter. And one of the cheap and simple recipes is canned eggplant. Eggplant for the winter is a popular snack not only with a wonderful taste but also a great benefit for the body. Eggplants contain many essential minerals, especially potassium salts, which retain their properties when preserved. If you have collected a good harvest of these fruits and do not know how to prepare them for the winter, then this recipe will help you with this. All the preparations for the winter are wonderful from the eggplant, but the eggplants in adjika are especially popular.
Is eggplant a superfood?
When you buy this vegetable for canning, always note that the eggplant is ripe, not rotten with a dark purple color. For gaps, it is recommended to take it with the correct shape, elastic dense pulp, without voids, and with a small seed nest. Its seeds should be medium-sized and not particularly dark in color. As a rule, eggplants are eaten at 25-40 days of maturity from the time the fruit is set.
- Caloric content per 100 g – 49 kcal.
- Dosage – 2 cans 0.5 l
- Cooking time – 1 hour
- Eggplant – 3 pcs.
- Sweet red pepper – 4 pcs.
- Tomatoes – 500 g
- Garlic – 1 head
- Bitter pepper – 3 pcs.
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Table vinegar – 3 tablespoons
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Vegetable oil – for frying
Cook canned eggplant for the winter
- Wash the eggplant and cut into circles 5-7 mm thick. If the fruit is ripe, the bitterness must first be removed from it. To do this, they are salted and left to stand for 20 minutes. Then they are washed and dried.
- In a frying pan in vegetable oil, fry the eggplants on both sides until golden brown. During frying, they will absorb a lot of oil, which makes the snack too greasy. To reduce the oil content, you need to use a glue-free pan or cast iron pan. You can also bake eggplant slices in the oven or on a wire rack over a fire.
- Place the fried eggplant in a container.
- Now go cook ajika. To do this, peel the sweet and bitter peppers from the seeds with partitions and cut them. Peel a squash, grate it and cut it into 2-4 pieces. Put the vegetables in a food processor with a chopper.
- Grind the vegetables into a puree. If you do not have a food processor, chop them. Pour the vegetable mass into a deep container, adding sugar, salt, vegetable oil, and vinegar. Mix everything well.
- Put some of the fried eggplants in the ajika.
- Stir the eggplants well so that they are completely covered with the vegetable mass.
- Sterilize glass jars over boiling steam and fill them with eggplant, replace adjika.
- Close the container with sterile lids, turn its back cover, wrap it with a warm towel and allow it to cool completely. Store canned food at room temperature.